List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:gerald_clark Date:October 31 2002 7:18pm
Subject:Re: mysql fills the disk with temporary files?
View as plain text
You may have a malformed join that is giving you a very large result set.
These would be the temporary tables.

Lars Andersson wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I manage a mysql server with a few hundred users. All of a sudden mysql
>has started to put large files in /tmp
>
>I've never noticed this behavior before. The files looks like this
>
>-rw-rw----    1 mysql    mysql    3788431360 Oct 31 17:49 #sql420e_36b82b_1.MYD
>-rw-rw----    1 mysql    mysql        1024 Oct 31 17:39   #sql420e_36b82b_1.MYI
>-rw-rw----    1 mysql    mysql    1094713344 Oct 31 17:49 #sql420e_36b8c6_1.MYD
>-rw-rw----    1 mysql    mysql        1024 Oct 31 17:45   #sql420e_36b8c6_1.MYI
>
>I wonder if this is the result of someone making a heap table to big to
>fit into the servers memory?
>
>How do I stop these files from filling my diskspace. The server filled
>10GB of space in notime and forced me to halt the server and put in some
>extra disks and symlink some directories to the new disks.
>
>I'm running
>MySQL-Max-3.23.53a
>2x1.3Ghz PIII with 2GB of ram
>RedHat 7.3
>glibc-2.2.5-40.
>
>Could this file-thing be related to the glibc-mysql problems?
>
>regards
>/Lars
>

>query,sql

: A simple one that gets me!scott31 Oct
  • Re: A simple one that gets me!Roger Baklund31 Oct
    • mysql fills the disk with temporary files?Lars Andersson31 Oct
      • Re: mysql fills the disk with temporary files?gerald_clark31 Oct
        • Re: mysql fills the disk with temporary files?Lars Andersson31 Oct
RE: mysql fills the disk with temporary files?Kelly W [PCS] Black31 Oct
  • RE: mysql fills the disk with temporary files?Lars Andersson31 Oct
RE: mysql fills the disk with temporary files?Kelly W [PCS] Black31 Oct
  • RE: mysql fills the disk with temporary files?Lars Andersson31 Oct
RE: mysql fills the disk with temporary files?Jan Steinman1 Nov
  • RE: mysql fills the disk with temporary files?Lars Andersson1 Nov
RE: mysql fills the disk with temporary files?Kelly W [PCS] Black1 Nov