List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Lars Andersson Date:October 31 2002 5:56pm
Subject:mysql fills the disk with temporary files?
View as plain text
Hi,

I manage a mysql server with a few hundred users. All of a sudden mysql
has started to put large files in /tmp

I've never noticed this behavior before. The files looks like this

-rw-rw----    1 mysql    mysql    3788431360 Oct 31 17:49 #sql420e_36b82b_1.MYD
-rw-rw----    1 mysql    mysql        1024 Oct 31 17:39   #sql420e_36b82b_1.MYI
-rw-rw----    1 mysql    mysql    1094713344 Oct 31 17:49 #sql420e_36b8c6_1.MYD
-rw-rw----    1 mysql    mysql        1024 Oct 31 17:45   #sql420e_36b8c6_1.MYI

I wonder if this is the result of someone making a heap table to big to
fit into the servers memory?

How do I stop these files from filling my diskspace. The server filled
10GB of space in notime and forced me to halt the server and put in some
extra disks and symlink some directories to the new disks.

I'm running
MySQL-Max-3.23.53a
2x1.3Ghz PIII with 2GB of ram
RedHat 7.3
glibc-2.2.5-40.

Could this file-thing be related to the glibc-mysql problems?

regards
/Lars

query,sql

Thread
: A simple one that gets me!scott31 Oct
  • Re: A simple one that gets me!Roger Baklund31 Oct
    • mysql fills the disk with temporary files?Lars Andersson31 Oct
      • Re: mysql fills the disk with temporary files?gerald_clark31 Oct
        • Re: mysql fills the disk with temporary files?Lars Andersson31 Oct
RE: mysql fills the disk with temporary files?Kelly W [PCS] Black31 Oct
  • RE: mysql fills the disk with temporary files?Lars Andersson31 Oct
RE: mysql fills the disk with temporary files?Kelly W [PCS] Black31 Oct
  • RE: mysql fills the disk with temporary files?Lars Andersson31 Oct
RE: mysql fills the disk with temporary files?Jan Steinman1 Nov
  • RE: mysql fills the disk with temporary files?Lars Andersson1 Nov
RE: mysql fills the disk with temporary files?Kelly W [PCS] Black1 Nov