List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jan Steinman Date:October 30 2002 6:12pm
Subject:Re: Demo CD
View as plain text
>From: David Shields <d.shields@stripped>
>
>As promised WAY too long ago, the techniques and tools to create an Apache / PHP /
> MySQL Demo CD are now available...
>Requires Spoon Installer (included in download), Apache / Mysql / PHP / Visual Basic 6
> (blech).

While I appreciate your doing this, doesn't it considerably limit your audience to require
Visual Basic (blech) and what I assume is a binary installer, included or not?

You've got three free and/or open source things, and then you pollute them with a couple
proprietary, platform-specific things!

I'd be happy to beta test and provide feedback on a proper open source UNIX version. Then
I might be willing to:

--
---- SQL SQL SQL SQL SQL SQL SQL SQL  ----
: Jan Steinman -- nature Transography(TM): <http://www.Bytesmiths.com>