List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ed Carp Date:October 27 2002 9:09am
Subject:RE: plz help...tables getting corrupted...
View as plain text
> corrupted. The most common error messages which I encountered are : "Can't
> open file: 'tablename.MYD'. (errno: 145)" and "Got error 127 from table
> handler".
>     I rectified it by shutting down the MySQL Server and using "myisamchk"
> with the options -r and sometimes -o.

145 = Table was marked as crashed and should be repaired

>     Is there anything I can do to avoid such errors to occur in future ?

Yes.  Stop your machine from crashing :)

>     Don't these errors make MySQL unreliable ?

Not at all, considering the nature of the problem.

Thread
plz help...tables getting corrupted...Akash27 Oct
  • RE: plz help...tables getting corrupted...Ed Carp28 Oct
  • re: plz help...tables getting corrupted...Egor Egorov28 Oct