List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Eric Berg Date:March 31 1999 2:53pm
Subject:Re: How do I generate DDL for MySQL database
View as plain text
Yes.  Exactly.  thanks.

-Eric.

Ed Carp: [Tuesday 30-March]:

> >Data Definition Language -- SQL text that will create the tables and
> indices
> >for an existing database.
> >
> >I'm looking for a script that will look at an existing database and
> generate
> >this from the "show tables", "show columns" and "show indexes" for that
> >database.
>

> I'm not sure I understand what you want - mysqldump does a great job.  Isn't
> that what you're looking for?

Eric Berg
Chief Technical Officer, iParty Corp.               eberg@stripped
Vice President, New York Linux Users Group           eberg@stripped
work: 212-331-1229                          http://doobie.iparty.com
home: 212-721-2872
Thread
How do I generate DDL for MySQL databaseEric Berg30 Mar
  • Re: 64bit to 32bitCraig Huffstetler22 Mar
Re: How do I generate DDL for MySQL databaseEric Berg31 Mar
  • Re: How do I generate DDL for MySQL databaseAlistair MacDonald31 Mar
    • Re: How do I generate DDL for MySQL databaseEric Berg31 Mar
Re: How do I generate DDL for MySQL databaseEd Carp31 Mar