List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Daniel L. Srebnick Date:October 27 2002 11:06pm
Subject:Security question
View as plain text
In my mysql.db file, I have some lines like:

%.private | somedb | someuser  | Y | Y | Y | Y | Y | Y | N | Y  | Y  | Y

So, I have an internal domain called private, those hosts are in an
internal DNS, and can be reverse resolved.  The only way I can manage to
connect to "somedb" as "someuser" is to put the fully qualified hostnames
in the /etc/hosts file, eg.:

1.2.3.4 somehost.private

For some reason mysql is not "seeing" the DNS resolution.  Yes, DNS is
really working as verified with nslookup for both forward and reverse
records.

The version of mysqld I am running is:

/usr/libexec/mysqld  Ver 3.23.36 for redhat-linux-gnu on i386

Can someone provide some insight or suggestions?

--

For better security, contact me using my public encryption key.
To obtain my public key, finger dan@stripped.

Thread
Security questionDaniel L. Srebnick28 Oct
  • re: Security questionEgor Egorov28 Oct