List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:October 25 2002 10:19pm
Subject:Re: Mysql Innodb performance slow
View as plain text
At 15:46 -0600 10/25/02, Jeff Mathis wrote:
>forgive me.
>
>i was initially using the perl DBI methods to load. I am not intimately
>familiar with the inner workings of DBI, but obviously it must be doing
>something if you say mysql does not support binding variables
>(i am using 4.0.4). This is significantly faster than creating a new
>prepared statement for every insert.

Right, it's the DBD::mysql driver that's emulating true parameter
binding.  But it's still faster, as you observe, because you avoid the
prepare() call for all except the first insert statement.

Parameter binding by MySQL itself should probably appear sometime
in the 4.1.x series.

Thread
Mysql Innodb performance slowJeroen Geusebroek25 Oct
  • Re: Mysql Innodb performance slowRichard Clarke25 Oct
  • Re: Mysql Innodb performance slowJeff Mathis26 Oct
    • Re: Mysql Innodb performance slowDan Nelson28 Oct
  • Re: Mysql Innodb performance slowJeff Mathis26 Oct
    • Re: Mysql Innodb performance slowPaul DuBois27 Oct
  • Re: Mysql Innodb performance slowMark Matthews26 Oct
    • Re: Mysql Innodb performance slowDavid Lloyd26 Oct
  • Re: Mysql Innodb performance slowMark Matthews27 Oct
RE: Mysql Innodb performance slowJeroen Geusebroek26 Oct
  • Re: Mysql Innodb performance slowMark Matthews26 Oct