List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jeff Mathis Date:October 25 2002 9:46pm
Subject:Re: Mysql Innodb performance slow
View as plain text
forgive me.

i was initially using the perl DBI methods to load. I am not intimately
familiar with the inner workings of DBI, but obviously it must be doing
something if you say mysql does not support binding variables
(i am using 4.0.4). This is significantly faster than creating a new
prepared statement for every insert.

I'm now using JDBC, and havne't explored this yet. I'm coming from the
Oracle camp, and have only been using mysql for less than a month. so
far, i find it very snappy. I do miss the ability to have stored
procedures, triggers and views however.

jeff

--
Jeff Mathis, Ph.D.			505-995-1434
The Prediction Company			jmathis@stripped
525 Camino de los Marquez, Ste 6	http://www.predict.com
Santa Fe, NM 87505
Thread
Mysql Innodb performance slowJeroen Geusebroek25 Oct
  • Re: Mysql Innodb performance slowRichard Clarke25 Oct
  • Re: Mysql Innodb performance slowJeff Mathis26 Oct
    • Re: Mysql Innodb performance slowDan Nelson28 Oct
  • Re: Mysql Innodb performance slowJeff Mathis26 Oct
    • Re: Mysql Innodb performance slowPaul DuBois27 Oct
  • Re: Mysql Innodb performance slowMark Matthews26 Oct
    • Re: Mysql Innodb performance slowDavid Lloyd26 Oct
  • Re: Mysql Innodb performance slowMark Matthews27 Oct
RE: Mysql Innodb performance slowJeroen Geusebroek26 Oct
  • Re: Mysql Innodb performance slowMark Matthews26 Oct