List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mark Matthews Date:October 25 2002 8:36pm
Subject:Re: Mysql Innodb performance slow
View as plain text
Jeroen Geusebroek wrote:
[snip]
> You where right, what i did use indivudual inserts. Now I have it
> segmented in 1000 rows in one query which massively speeds up the whole
> inserting progress. 160K records now takes about 20 seconds instead of
> the 100 records ;) I'm really impressed by this massive speed.
>
> Begin;
> INSERT INTO foo VALUES (1,2,3,4,5) x 1000
> Commit;
>
> That is what I use now.
>
> One question though, does innodb use transactions standard? So without
> using
> the begin; and commit; statement, does it still use some kind of
> transaction?
>
> Because still I don't understand why the isam table takes about 100
> seconds for inserting 160K rows, while innodb takes 700 seconds. (using
> individual inserts)
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jeroen

When you don't disable autocommit, InnoDB is going to create a
transaction for _each_ statement, thus you won't be able to expect a lot
of speed :)

	-Mark

--
For technical support contracts, visit https://order.mysql.com/?ref=mmma

     __  ___     ___ ____  __
    /  |/  /_ __/ __/ __ \/ /  Mark Matthews <mark@stripped>
   / /|_/ / // /\ \/ /_/ / /__ MySQL AB, Full-Time Developer - JDBC/Java
  /_/  /_/\_, /___/\___\_\___/ Flossmoor (Chicago), IL USA
         <___/ www.mysql.com

Thread
Mysql Innodb performance slowJeroen Geusebroek25 Oct
  • Re: Mysql Innodb performance slowRichard Clarke25 Oct
  • Re: Mysql Innodb performance slowJeff Mathis26 Oct
    • Re: Mysql Innodb performance slowDan Nelson28 Oct
  • Re: Mysql Innodb performance slowJeff Mathis26 Oct
    • Re: Mysql Innodb performance slowPaul DuBois27 Oct
  • Re: Mysql Innodb performance slowMark Matthews26 Oct
    • Re: Mysql Innodb performance slowDavid Lloyd26 Oct
  • Re: Mysql Innodb performance slowMark Matthews27 Oct
RE: Mysql Innodb performance slowJeroen Geusebroek26 Oct
  • Re: Mysql Innodb performance slowMark Matthews26 Oct