List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Chris Boget Date:October 25 2002 4:50pm
Subject:Re: InnoDB and auto_increment fields
View as plain text
CB> However, for my ISAM tables, whenever I delete all the
CB> records, the auto_increment number is reset.
CB> Is there a reason for this in InnoDB?  Is there a way that I
CB> can reset the auto_increment number when all the records
CB> are deleted?
> try exec this query:
> alter table <TABLE_NAME> auto_increment = 0;

hmm, that did the trick.  But why must I do this manually?  Does
it have something to do with how the InnoDB tables/records are
stored?  Why isn't this done automatically as it is for MyISAM tables?

Thanks for the info!

Chris

Thread
ConnectionArthur25 Oct
  • Re: ConnectionJocelyn Fournier25 Oct
  • phpmyadminMitchell Wright25 Oct
    • RE: phpmyadminEd Carp25 Oct
      • Re: phpmyadmin (OT)Thomas Seifert25 Oct
        • Re: phpmyadmin (OT)Mitchell Wright25 Oct
      • RE: phpmyadminJohn Chang25 Oct
        • RE: phpmyadminJeroen Geusebroek26 Oct
        • RE: phpmyadminEd Carp26 Oct
    • Re: phpmyadmin (OT)Mark Stringham25 Oct
    • InnoDB and auto_increment fieldsChris Boget25 Oct
      • Re: InnoDB and auto_increment fieldsDyego Souza do Carmo25 Oct
      • Re: InnoDB and auto_increment fieldsPaul DuBois26 Oct
    • Re: InnoDB and auto_increment fieldsChris Boget25 Oct
      • Re: InnoDB and auto_increment fieldsPete Harlan28 Oct
    • Re: InnoDB and auto_increment fieldsChris Boget28 Oct
Re: phpmyadminJan Steinman27 Oct