List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Chris Boget Date:October 25 2002 4:26pm
Subject:InnoDB and auto_increment fields
View as plain text
sql, query (*sigh*, I hate this filter)

I have an auto_increment key set up on my InnoDB table.
Whenever I delete all the records, the number isn't reset.
However, for my ISAM tables, whenever I delete all the
records, the auto_increment number is reset.
Is there a reason for this in InnoDB?  Is there a way that I
can reset the auto_increment number when all the records
are deleted?  I have a temporary table that has records
added and deleted all the time.  I wouldn't want the record
number to eventually reach the ceiling for the datatype of
the field.

Chris

Thread
ConnectionArthur25 Oct
  • Re: ConnectionJocelyn Fournier25 Oct
  • phpmyadminMitchell Wright25 Oct
    • RE: phpmyadminEd Carp25 Oct
      • Re: phpmyadmin (OT)Thomas Seifert25 Oct
        • Re: phpmyadmin (OT)Mitchell Wright25 Oct
      • RE: phpmyadminJohn Chang25 Oct
        • RE: phpmyadminJeroen Geusebroek26 Oct
        • RE: phpmyadminEd Carp26 Oct
    • Re: phpmyadmin (OT)Mark Stringham25 Oct
    • InnoDB and auto_increment fieldsChris Boget25 Oct
      • Re: InnoDB and auto_increment fieldsDyego Souza do Carmo25 Oct
      • Re: InnoDB and auto_increment fieldsPaul DuBois26 Oct
    • Re: InnoDB and auto_increment fieldsChris Boget25 Oct
      • Re: InnoDB and auto_increment fieldsPete Harlan28 Oct
    • Re: InnoDB and auto_increment fieldsChris Boget28 Oct
Re: phpmyadminJan Steinman27 Oct