List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jeroen Geusebroek Date:October 25 2002 11:11am
Subject:Mysql Innodb performance slow
View as plain text
Hi There,

We have currently an Interbase Database with millions and millions of
rows which I would like
to migrate to MySQL if possible to increase the speed.

Transaction support is necessary, so I am using innoDB.

When inserting 160K rows in the database (in an innoDB table) it takes
about 700! seconds
while the amount of same rows when inserted in a myisam table take about
100 seconds.

Now probably this can be fine tuned (I hope), and would like to ask for
some suggestions.

Is anybody using innodb with this amount of rows?  I'm curious of what
the performance is.

Is there something I should keep in mind when migrating?

Kind regards,

Jeroen Geusebroek
Thread
Mysql Innodb performance slowJeroen Geusebroek25 Oct
  • Re: Mysql Innodb performance slowRichard Clarke25 Oct
  • Re: Mysql Innodb performance slowJeff Mathis26 Oct
    • Re: Mysql Innodb performance slowDan Nelson28 Oct
  • Re: Mysql Innodb performance slowJeff Mathis26 Oct
    • Re: Mysql Innodb performance slowPaul DuBois27 Oct
  • Re: Mysql Innodb performance slowMark Matthews26 Oct
    • Re: Mysql Innodb performance slowDavid Lloyd26 Oct
  • Re: Mysql Innodb performance slowMark Matthews27 Oct
RE: Mysql Innodb performance slowJeroen Geusebroek26 Oct
  • Re: Mysql Innodb performance slowMark Matthews26 Oct