List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martin Ramsch Date:September 6 1999 1:08am
Subject:Re: escaping characters in date format?
View as plain text
On Sun, 1999-09-05 14:30:08 -0600, Jesse wrote:
> So, with mysql, what is the fastest way to convert a timestamp type field
> to this format:
>
> 	Wednesday, 23 July, 1999 at 01:56 PM EDT
> ?
>
> As it is, I tack on the EDT at the end (no biggie, since all the
> timestamps are on the same host/tzone) but there currently is no
> easy way to put the word "at" in the output format. So instead I put
> in a marker 'tttt' and then use perl to change it to 'at' after
> SELECTing the data.

If you happen to use Perl, then it's maybe easier not to retrieve the
timestamp field directly but let MySQL convert it via UNIX_TIMESTAMP().
Then you can use the localtime() or gmtime() Perl functions ...

Regards,
  Martin
escaping characters in date format?Jesse5 Sep
  • Re: escaping characters in date format?sinisa5 Sep
    • Re: escaping characters in date format?Jesse6 Sep
      • Re: escaping characters in date format?Martin Ramsch6 Sep
  • Re: escaping characters in date format?Martin Ramsch5 Sep