List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jan Steinman Date:October 23 2002 5:52pm
Subject:Re: Bit off topic
View as plain text
>From: John Chang <johnec@stripped>
>
>I am looking for an external drive case that will be connected to a Xeon
>server with SCSI (Ultra-160) interface.  I want something like 6-12
>drives.

I bought an older server computer from a dot-bomb. Trashed all electronics but the power
supply. (I think it was a 100 MHz P1 :-) I think it cost me $25! (The SCSI cables cost
three times as much!)

It now houses three full-size 5 1/4" drives (my fast RAID) and a half-dozen odd 3" drives
that I picked up here and there, all SCSI-UW.

If you have a bit of time to trade for significant savings, please consider keeping
something like this out of a landfill, rather than buying a new one.

--
---- SQL SQL SQL SQL SQL SQL SQL SQL  ----
: Jan Steinman -- nature Transography(TM): <http://www.Bytesmiths.com>