List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael T. Babcock Date:October 23 2002 2:26pm
Subject:Rounding floats
View as plain text
Kenneth Hylton wrote something about SQL or QUERYs:

>>I NEVER use float or double to store values like you appear to be doing.  I
>>always used DECIMAL so that they are stored as strings and you do not have
>>problems associated with what you see here.  I then have complete control
>>over what is stored and the precision associated with it.

FWIW, all of our financial database software stores values in either
pennies or tenths of a cent, not dollars, to avoid decimals altogether.

--
Michael T. Babcock
C.T.O., FibreSpeed Ltd.

Thread
Rounding floatsMichael T. Babcock23 Oct
Re: Rounding floatsJan Steinman23 Oct
  • Re: Rounding floatsgerald_clark23 Oct
    • RE: Rounding floatsJon Frisby23 Oct
      • Vague error message...Jon Frisby23 Oct