List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:John P Date:October 23 2002 10:17am
Subject:INSERT query crashes MySQL
View as plain text
This morning our MySQL exited for no good reason!

mysql.err:
021020 17:25:53
021020 17:
021022 18:20:16  mysqld ended

mysql.log:
021022 18:20:09
243748 Connect     mysql_user@localhost on
243748 Init DB     mydb
243749 Connect     mysql_user@stripped on
243749 Init DB     mydb
243748 Quit
243749 Query       INSERT INTO IDRefs
VALUES('5136110c98b89de5d389df0754182ff2','','',NOW(),'Not available','','')

When I logged into mysql manually, there was an error relating to the IDRefs
table, (can't remember exactly but it was something like "Cannot get data of
table structure" - I was in a rush to get things up and running!). I deleted
the contents of this table and used OPTIMIZE and it has worked OK since
then.

However, a similar crash occured on Sunday, but I didn't investigate it
fully. So, why is this INSERT query causing MySQL to crash? The table it
uses is the one that keeps track of users and their shopping bag (online web
ordering facility).

There was plenty of disk space on the server, Solaris 2.7, using mysql
3.23.51.

Thanks for any advice

John

Thread
INSERT query crashes MySQLJohn P23 Oct
  • Import from filesAlan McDonald23 Oct
    • re: Import from filesEgor Egorov23 Oct
  • re: INSERT query crashes MySQLVictoria Reznichenko23 Oct
    • Re: INSERT query crashes MySQLJohn P23 Oct
    • Re: INSERT query crashes MySQLJohn P23 Oct
      • re: Re: INSERT query crashes MySQLVictoria Reznichenko23 Oct
    • Re: INSERT query crashes MySQLgerald_clark23 Oct
    • Re: INSERT query crashes MySQLJohn P23 Oct
      • re: Re: INSERT query crashes MySQLVictoria Reznichenko24 Oct
RE: INSERT query crashes MySQLVictor Pendleton23 Oct
  • Re: INSERT query crashes MySQLJohn P23 Oct