List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:David Kramer Date:October 22 2002 9:23pm
Subject:my.cnf settings and running admin commands such as mysqldump or m
ysqladmin
View as plain text
I was wondering if someone could shed some light on setting parameters in
my.cnf.  When I set params such as user and password in my my.cnf file I
dont need to then pass these parameters to commands such as mysqldump or
mysqladmin?  Is this True?  Can someone please send me an example of their
my.cnf file, Im just curious what a real example would look like.  I have
already read through the my.cnf documentation on the website, but if someone
has a better place for online doc on the config file please let me know.
Any other insight is more than welcome and appreciated.

Thanks,

DK

David Kramer
Software Developer
Reflect.com
Direct: 415.369.4856
Cell: 650.302.7889

Thread
my.cnf settings and running admin commands such as mysqldump or mysqladminDavid Kramer23 Oct
  • re: my.cnf settings and running admin commands such as mysqldump or mVictoria Reznichenko23 Oct
  • Old installation on Solaris 7, can't admin...Mark Jaffe23 Oct
    • Re: Old installation on Solaris 7, can't admin...gerald_clark23 Oct
RE: my.cnf settings and running admin commands such as mysqldump or mDavid Kramer23 Oct
  • re: RE: my.cnf settings and running admin commands such as mysqldumpVictoria Reznichenko24 Oct