List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael T. Babcock Date:October 22 2002 2:57pm
Subject:Re: "Calendar" database
View as plain text
Todd Cary wrote:

> I would like to get some suggestions for the structure of a sql
> "Calendar" database.  My task is to create a "Calendar" of events in
> the San Francisco Bay Area.  For instance, an event may be M-F 11:00
> am, 3:30 pm, 7:30 pm and Sat 4:30 pm and 6:30 pm.

If you're doing events, its probably easiest to just have one main table:

Events:
    ID (auto_increment, primary key)
    Title (char)
    Summary (char)
    Details (blob ...)
    InformationContactID (if you maintain a contacts table)
    PosterContactID (ditto)
    StartTime
    EndTime / EventLength
    LocationID (if you maintain a locations table)
    Price (if any)
    HostedByID (to a contacts table again)

Just a question to the general population; anyone know of any good SQL
database schema sites?  C, C++, Java, Perl, etc. all have code
repositories all over the Internet, but I'm not aware of a good site for
searching for 'standard' database schemas for given things (like the above).

--
Michael T. Babcock
C.T.O., FibreSpeed Ltd.

Thread
"Calendar" databaseTodd Cary22 Oct
  • Re: "Calendar" databaseMichael T. Babcock22 Oct
Re: "Calendar" databaseJan Steinman22 Oct
Re: "Calendar" databaseRichard Clarke23 Oct
Re: "Calendar" databaseJan Steinman23 Oct