List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jan Steinman Date:October 21 2002 5:16pm
Subject:Re: why so late with Mac OS X versions?
View as plain text
>From:	Ray Kiddy <ray@stripped>
>
>Can someone tell me what the holdup is in getting binaries built for Mac OS X?

Uhm, volunteer labor?

Marc Liyanage has been doing MacOS X binaries in Switzerland. When I lived there, they
took month-long vacations, two-hour lunches, and frowned on weekend work. Maybe he has a
life outside of MySQL? :-)

(According to an article I saw in a recent issue of Scientific American, the Swiss are
also measurably "happier" than Americans. Wonder why? :-)

Have you tried compiling it yourself? That would be the UNIX way of doing things...

---- SQL SQL SQL SQL SQL SQL SQL SQL ----

--
: Jan Steinman -- nature Transography(TM): <http://www.Bytesmiths.com>
: Newsletters now on-line at <http://www.Bytesmiths.com/Newsletter>