List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christian Reichenbach Date:October 21 2002 7:10am
Subject:Same syntax on MySQL and Microsoft SQL Server
View as plain text
A few months ago I tried to use MySQL as an alternative database
backend for our software product. Currently we are using MS Access and
MS SQL Server.

We encountered that MySQL (or MyODBC) uses different quoting
characters for legal names and strings. At present we are using square
brackets for names (like [my table], [my column] or
[my table].[my column]) and inverted commas for strings (like mytxt =
'text').

Is there an option for MySQL (or MyODBC) which makes basic SQL of
these databases compatible?

Thanks
Christian

Same syntax on MySQL and Microsoft SQL ServerChristian Reichenbach21 Oct
Re: Same syntax on MySQL and Microsoft SQL ServerChristian Reichenbach21 Oct
Re: Same syntax on MySQL and Microsoft SQL ServerJan Steinman21 Oct
Re[2]: Same syntax on MySQL and Microsoft SQL ServerChristian Reichenbach22 Oct
Re[2]: Same syntax on MySQL and Microsoft SQL ServerJan Steinman22 Oct
Re: Same syntax on MySQL and Microsoft SQL ServerMichael T. Babcock22 Oct