List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Peter J. Schoenster Date:October 20 2002 7:48pm
Subject:does mysqlimport actually recreate the table schmea as well as import data?
View as plain text
Hi,

A cohort wrote a script to import tab delimited files. He uses
mysqlimport. He uses the -d option to ONLY empty the data from the
table before importing the new data. My cohort believes that
mysqlimport is also dropping the table and then recreating the table
from somewhere and then inserting the new data. And the problem
according to him is that apparently MySQL is using some older version
of the table which has a different column structure so that when the
new data is imported it goes into the wrong columns.

Anybody familiar with this? He says it's an optimization of MySQL to
drop the table first ... but I have seen no confirmation.

Peter

http://www.coremodules.com/
Web Development and Support  at Affordable Prices
901-757-8322	peter@stripped

Thread
does mysqlimport actually recreate the table schmea as well as import data?Peter J. Schoenster20 Oct
  • Re: does mysqlimport actually recreate the table schmea as well as import data?Dan Nelson20 Oct