List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ed Carp Date:October 19 2002 3:17pm
Subject:RE: Slow opening a recordset
View as plain text
> Does anybody know how I can solve this problem?
> How can I improve the " opening " performance?
> Does MySQL cache something for each records?

It's not a MySQL problem, but a problem how you're opening the recordset.
In VB, you would set the DBSQLPassThru flag - I don't know what the
equivalent is in Windows C.  The problem is that the client is downloading
the entire record set and oding the select on the PC when you do the open -
that's why it takes longer the bigger your table is.

Thread
Slow opening a recordsetm.colurcio@softhor.com19 Oct
  • RE: Slow opening a recordsetMike Hillyer19 Oct
  • RE: Slow opening a recordsetEd Carp19 Oct
  • RE: Slow opening a recordsetVenu19 Oct
  • Re: Slow opening a recordsetPatrick Sherrill20 Oct
RE: Slow opening a recordsetm.colurcio@softhor.com20 Oct