List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:March 31 1999 10:16am
Subject:Re: Linux Threads and socket options
View as plain text

>> I think that removing the above test should be safe;  The MySQL protocol
Ed> will
>> automaticly detect missing packets so it should notice if something
>> goes fatally wrong!  As all SQL commands are sent as clear text, it's
>> very unlikely that you will corrupt any data!
>>
>> You can also try running the client with --compression;  The
>> uncompress code should detect any corruption in the real data!

Ed> Will the client or server retry if either one detects corruption, or will
Ed> the connection just abort?

The connection will just abort.  Normally the TCP layer handles the
retries, doesn't it?.

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Linux Threads and socket optionsChris Wilson30 Mar
  • Linux Threads and socket optionsMichael Widenius30 Mar
  • Support (Was: Linux Threads and socket options)Fred Read30 Mar
Re: Linux Threads and socket optionsEd Carp31 Mar
  • Re: Linux Threads and socket optionsMichael Widenius31 Mar