List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:October 16 2002 1:46am
Subject:Re: Query using the same table twice
View as plain text
At 18:03 -0700 10/15/02, Jeff Kilbride wrote:
>Commas in the FROM clause are the same as INNER JOIN.

Not any more.  That was true up until 3.23.17, at which point INNER
JOIN was changed to require an ON or USING clause.

>  To make it clearer and
>easier to understand, I'd write it something like this:
>
>SELECT psh.StatID,
>pt1.TeamName AS Home,
>pt2.TeamName AS Visitor,
>psh.GameDate
>FROM PH_TEAMS pt1, PH_TEAMS pt2, PH_SCORE_HEADER psh
>WHERE psh.Home = pt1.TeamID
>AND psh.Visitor = pt2.TeamID;
>
>--jeff

Thread
Query using the same table twiceMichael J. Mitchell15 Oct
  • Re: Query using the same table twiceolinux16 Oct
  • Re: Query using the same table twiceJeff Kilbride16 Oct
    • Re: Query using the same table twicePaul DuBois16 Oct
  • Re: Query using the same table twiceJeff Kilbride16 Oct