List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:October 16 2002 12:50am
Subject:Re: Looking for Doc on using XML with Mysql, Xml-Aware.
View as plain text
At 17:14 -0700 10/15/02, David Kramer wrote:
>Can anyone point me in the direction of using XML with MySql, any doc will
>do.  Looking for info on the concept of Mysql being xml-aware.  Im new with
>using xml in a DB Environment.  Hopefully Im asking the right questions
>here.

MySQL *isn't* XML-aware.  mysql and mysqldump have --xml options
for generating XML-format output, that's about it.  Everything else
you do yourself.

A short article on MySQL and XML can be found here (be warned,
I wrote it):

http://www.kitebird.com/articles.php

>Thanks,
>
>DK
>
>David Kramer
>Software Developer
>Reflect.com
>Direct: 415.369.4856
>Cell: 650.302.7889

Thread
Looking for Doc on using XML with Mysql, Xml-Aware.David Kramer16 Oct
  • Re: Looking for Doc on using XML with Mysql, Xml-Aware.Paul DuBois16 Oct