List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martin Ramsch Date:September 3 1999 4:16pm
Subject:Re: Need Help Importing Data
View as plain text
On Thu, 1999-09-02 15:23:47 -0700, Phillip S. Baker wrote:
> I am having trouble loading data into tables from a text file. When
> I type in the load data command at the mysql prompt I get an error
> saying that I do not have access. However I can load the data via
> the insert command anyone got any ideas here??

Taken from the MySQL manual, chapter "7.15 LOAD DATA INFILE syntax":
| For security reasons, when reading text files located on the server,
| the files must either reside in the database directory or be
| readable by all. Also, to use LOAD DATA INFILE on server files, you
| must have the file privilege on the server host. See section 6.5
| Privileges provided by MySQL.

You might try LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE which doesn't require you to have
MySQL's "File" privilege.

Regards,
  Martin
Need Help Importing DataPhillip S. Baker3 Sep
  • Re: Need Help Importing DataVenky3 Sep
  • Re: Need Help Importing DataMartin Ramsch3 Sep