List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ed Carp Date:March 31 1999 4:28am
Subject:Re: Linux Threads and socket options
View as plain text
>I think that removing the above test should be safe;  The MySQL protocol
will
>automaticly detect missing packets so it should notice if something
>goes fatally wrong!  As all SQL commands are sent as clear text, it's
>very unlikely that you will corrupt any data!
>
>You can also try running the client with --compression;  The
>uncompress code should detect any corruption in the real data!

Will the client or server retry if either one detects corruption, or will
the connection just abort?

Thread
Linux Threads and socket optionsChris Wilson30 Mar
  • Linux Threads and socket optionsMichael Widenius30 Mar
  • Support (Was: Linux Threads and socket options)Fred Read30 Mar
Re: Linux Threads and socket optionsEd Carp31 Mar
  • Re: Linux Threads and socket optionsMichael Widenius31 Mar