List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Fred Lindberg Date:September 3 1999 1:32pm
Subject:Re: I'm drowning in messages; isn't it time for a newsgroup???
View as plain text
On Thu, 2 Sep 1999 14:31:13 -0500, Jirsa, Jeff wrote:

>The title says it all...this list generates so many messages (that's a good
>thing), but I can't keep up (over 800 unread messages)!
>Can we move the MySQL list to a newsgroup, please?!?!?!

mysql-digest-subscribe@stripped: Digest about twice a day, about
50 messages each. Individual messages are MIME enclosures, so if you
have a decent mail program you can reply directly to individual
messages.

mysql-get@stripped: A "personal digest" with all messages
starting from the last message of the latest digest. This way, digest
subscribers can update themselves any time.

mysql-thread123@stripped: Returns an ordered collection
("thread") of all messages with the same subject as message 123.

Same format in both, starting with a sorted TOC. Replies are [network
connection allowing] sent out within a few seconds of receipt except
when a mysql message is being sent (then it may take up to 3 min - ).

-Sincerely, Fred

I'm drowning in messages; isn't it time for a newsgroup???Jeff Jirsa2 Sep
  • RE: I'm drowning in messages; isn't it time for a newsgroup???Tupshin Harper3 Sep
RE: I'm drowning in messages; isn't it time for a newsgroup???Darren L Sweeney3 Sep
Re: I'm drowning in messages; isn't it time for a newsgroup???webmaster3 Sep
  • RE: I'm drowning in messages; isn't it time for a newsgroup???Bill Gerrard3 Sep
    • RE: I'm drowning in messages; isn't it time for a newsgroup???Dion Vansevenant3 Sep
Re: I'm drowning in messages; isn't it time for a newsgroup???Fred Lindberg3 Sep
  • Question about JOINFraser MacKenzie3 Sep
    • Re: Question about JOINsinisa3 Sep
Re: I'm drowning in messages; isn't it time for a newsgroup???mysql3 Sep