List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:October 11 2002 11:03pm
Subject:Re: How to make individual batch SQL silent
View as plain text
At 6:58 -0500 10/11/02, rick  wrote:
>I know how to make a whole batch SQL script silent (-s option of
>mysql), but is there a way within a script to make one or more
>individual statements silent?  In Oracle PL/SQL, it can be done
>using echo on/off and termout on/off.

Not really, though maybe this ugly hack will help:

mysql> \P >/dev/null
mysql> \n

The first sends query output to /dev/null, the second restores
normal output.
Thread
How to make individual batch SQL silentrick 11 Oct
  • Re: How to make individual batch SQL silentMichael T. Babcock11 Oct
  • Re: How to make individual batch SQL silentPaul DuBois12 Oct