List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:September 3 1999 11:38am
Subject:Re: Having trouble getting connected to the MySQL Server
View as plain text
At 10:15 AM -0500 9/3/99, Andrew Toussaint wrote:
>	When I type safe_mysqld or mysql at the CLI it return the error
>message 'Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost'(61)
>
>	I am using MySQL Version 9.33 which is the ditribution 3.22.25 for
>unknown-freebsd2.2.7(i386) it would be greatly appreciated if you guys
>could help me.
>
> >How-To-Repeat:
>	I just keep trying to type in mysql or safe_mysql

safe_mysqld never prints the error you list above.  It starts the
server, it doesn't try to connect to it.  It's dificult to make sense
of your error report.  Perhaps you should show us the commands you're
typing, in the order you type them, and the result (error message) from
each one.

By the way, have you run mysql_install_db first?

--
Paul DuBois, paul@stripped
Having trouble getting connected to the MySQL ServerAndrew Toussaint3 Sep