List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:walt Date:October 9 2002 8:08pm
Subject:Re: InnoDb data file path
View as plain text
Scott Pippin wrote:

> I am trying to set up two data files in case the first one fills up.  I
> tried to use the following in my.cnf but it says there is an error.  If
> I take out the reference to the second data file everything works
>
> AIX 4.3.3
> MySQL 4.0.4
>

> innodb_data_file_path=libdata1:100M:autoextend:max:2000M;libdata2:100M:autoextend:max:2000M
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> (query, Mysql)

Scott,
From the innodb manual. It looks like you can only autoextend the last datafile listed.

Starting from versions 3.23.50 and 4.0.2 InnoDB allows the last data file on the
innodb_data_file_path line to be specified as auto-extending. The syntax for
innodb_data_file_path is then the following:

pathtodatafile:sizespecification;pathtodatafile:sizespec;...
...;pathtodatafile:sizespec[:autoextend[:max:sizespecification]]

If you specify the last data file with the autoextend option, InnoDB will extend the last
data
file if it runs out of free space in the tablespace. The increment is 8 MB at a time. An
example:

innodb_data_home_dir =
innodb_data_file_path = /ibdata/ibdata1:100M:autoextend

instructs InnoDB to create just a single data file whose initial size is 100 MB and which
is
extended in 8 MB blocks when space runs out. If the disk becomes full you may want to add
another data file to another disk, for example. Then you have to look the size of ibdata1,
round the size downward to the closest multiple of 1024 * 1024 bytes (= 1 MB), and specify
the
rounded size of ibdata1 explicitly in innodb_data_file_path. After that you can add
another
data file:

Thread
InnoDb data file pathScott Pippin9 Oct
  • Re: InnoDb data file pathwalt10 Oct
  • Re: InnoDb data file pathArjen Lentz10 Oct