List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:toby z Date:October 9 2002 12:45pm
Subject:RE: storing PDF files in mysql ?????
View as plain text
thnx guyz

1) i m tryin to put the pdf file into a blob field but i cant insert it like
normal text how shall i go about inserting it ????

2) i m in the process of converting the word doccuments to pdf got this
acrobat disteller n m havin a million probz with that alone like the
security issue

I NO THIS IS THE WRONG LIST SORRY FOR THIS Q BUT .. has anyone worked with
this thing n wouldnt mind me mailin him/her plz do lemme no

guyz plz hlp .....

thnx a billion

toby

>From: "Sqlcoders.com Programming Dept" <coders@stripped>
>To: "toby z" <smokeywater@stripped>,"list mysql"
> <mysql@stripped>
>Subject: RE: storing PDF files in mysql ?????
>Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 21:47:23 -0600
>
>Toby,
>If I understand correctly you want to perform two distinct actions:
>1. Convert Microsoft Office Word .doc files into .pdf
>2. Store those pdf's in MySQL.
>
>You should look into (via google.com) some doc to pdf converters. An
>example
>is this com object:
>http://www.convertzone.com/doc2pdfcom/help.htm#HowtoBuy,
>it costs $219 and converts .doc to .pdf.
>
>If you can convert the .doc's into .html files, you might be able to get
>away with using Adobe's free email converter service.
>Email the HTML document to html2pdf@stripped, wait an hour or so, and
>you'll find a pdf version in your inbox.
>(There's also a txt2pdf@stripped address if you dont want to use html, but
>I think you wanted to keep formatting).
>
>Once you have the document in PDF, it's a relatively trivial action to
>store
>the documents in your MySQL database.
>
>HTH,
>William.

storing PDF files in mysql ?????toby gibbson8 Oct
  • Re: storing PDF files in mysql ?????R.Dobson8 Oct
Re: storing PDF files in mysql ?????toby z8 Oct
  • Re: storing PDF files in mysql ?????kayamboo9 Oct
    • RE: storing PDF files in mysql ?????Sqlcoders.com Programming Dept9 Oct
    • RE: storing PDF files in mysql ?????Alexis Antonakis9 Oct
      • Re: storing PDF files in mysql ?????Michael T. Babcock9 Oct
      • AW: storing PDF files in mysql ?????Kai Zaunick9 Oct
      • Re: storing PDF files in mysql ?????kayamboo10 Oct
RE: storing PDF files in mysql ?????toby z9 Oct
  • Re: storing PDF files in mysql ?????kayamboo10 Oct
RE: storing PDF files in mysql ?????Jan Steinman9 Oct
RE: storing PDF files in mysql ?????toby z10 Oct