List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sqlcoders.com Programming Dept Date:October 9 2002 3:47am
Subject:RE: storing PDF files in mysql ?????
View as plain text
Toby,
If I understand correctly you want to perform two distinct actions:
1. Convert Microsoft Office Word .doc files into .pdf
2. Store those pdf's in MySQL.

You should look into (via google.com) some doc to pdf converters. An example
is this com object: http://www.convertzone.com/doc2pdfcom/help.htm#HowtoBuy,
it costs $219 and converts .doc to .pdf.

If you can convert the .doc's into .html files, you might be able to get
away with using Adobe's free email converter service.
Email the HTML document to html2pdf@stripped, wait an hour or so, and
you'll find a pdf version in your inbox.
(There's also a txt2pdf@stripped address if you dont want to use html, but
I think you wanted to keep formatting).

Once you have the document in PDF, it's a relatively trivial action to store
the documents in your MySQL database.

HTH,
William.

storing PDF files in mysql ?????toby gibbson8 Oct
  • Re: storing PDF files in mysql ?????R.Dobson8 Oct
Re: storing PDF files in mysql ?????toby z8 Oct
  • Re: storing PDF files in mysql ?????kayamboo9 Oct
    • RE: storing PDF files in mysql ?????Sqlcoders.com Programming Dept9 Oct
    • RE: storing PDF files in mysql ?????Alexis Antonakis9 Oct
      • Re: storing PDF files in mysql ?????Michael T. Babcock9 Oct
      • AW: storing PDF files in mysql ?????Kai Zaunick9 Oct
      • Re: storing PDF files in mysql ?????kayamboo10 Oct
RE: storing PDF files in mysql ?????toby z9 Oct
  • Re: storing PDF files in mysql ?????kayamboo10 Oct
RE: storing PDF files in mysql ?????Jan Steinman9 Oct
RE: storing PDF files in mysql ?????toby z10 Oct