List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Seth Chaiklin Date:March 31 1999 12:29am
Subject:Re: [Shouldn't the hostname be given in the log file?]
View as plain text
On Tue, 30 Mar 1999, Sasha Pachev wrote:

> lookup. Try nslookup ip_of_trouble_host to see if the
> reverse lookups are working.

They are.  That is, if I do:

nslookup ipnumber

for a host that is connecting to MySQL (either via MyODBC or by
mysql client) then I get the name of that host.

(But this is not a big surprise, when these hosts are all
on the same subnet.)

> I am amlost 100% sure they
> are not in your situation either because of DNS
> misconfiguration or because your /etc/resolv.conf points
> to a DNS server that is down.

Sorry.  I am the 0,001% of the situations that do not fit this
explanation.

Cheers,
  Seth

Thread
[Shouldn't the hostname be given in the log file?]seth31 Mar
  • Re: [Shouldn't the hostname be given in the log file?]Sasha Pachev31 Mar
    • Re: [Shouldn't the hostname be given in the log file?]Seth Chaiklin31 Mar
    • Re: [Shouldn't the hostname be given in the log file?]Michael Widenius31 Mar