List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Russell Uman Date:October 8 2002 10:44pm
Subject:RESET MASTER during daily backups
View as plain text
howdy.

we use the binary log as a crash recovery tool.
therefore, once we have backed up the db (we use the excellent mysql_backup for this) we
can happily discard yesterday's binlog.
the only correct way i've found to get rid of old binlogs in to issue RESET MASTER, and i
figure i should do this at the same time
that the logs get flushed.
however, neither mysqldump nor mysqladmin have a RESET MASTER option.
has anyone found a good way to do this?

Thread
RESET MASTER during daily backupsRussell Uman9 Oct
  • re: RESET MASTER during daily backupsVictoria Reznichenko9 Oct