List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:toby z Date:October 8 2002 4:14pm
Subject:Re: storing PDF files in mysql ?????
View as plain text
thnx rich

but u see the problem iz my clients want their text IN pdf format to be

displayed with all these colors on the page in other  words they want

their sites layout to be maintained on the pages showing this pdf text

as they are pretty concerned bout security

so what do i do now ????

thnx a mill

toby

>From: "R.Dobson" <r.j.dobson@stripped>
>To: toby gibbson <smokeywater@stripped>
>CC: mysql@stripped
>Subject: Re: storing PDF files in mysql ?????
>Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2002 16:35:56 +0100
>

>hi,
>2 ways to do this:
>
>a) don't store the file actually in the db but store the path to it.
>
>b)use the function LOAD_FILE(filename) to get the contents of a file as a
>string value and store as a blob.
>
>decide which to use depending on how many pics you have
>
>cheers
>Rich
>
>toby gibbson wrote:
>
>>ok guyz more trouble
>>
>>now im supposed to convert all the text (from ms word) to PDF and put the
>>pdf files in mysql db
>>
>>now i ve really got myslf stuck havent i
>>
>>can anyone plz hlp ????
>>
>>thnx a million
>>
>>stuck az usual
>>
>>toby .....

>--
>
>Richard Dobson
>Database Administrator
>MRC Bright Study
>Clinical Pharmacolgy
>St Bartholomew's and the Royal London
>School of Medicine and Dentistry
>Charterhouse Square
>London EC1M 6BQ
>Tel: 020-7882-5670
>Mob: 07711-522926
>Fax: 020-7882-5672
>r.j.dobson@stripped

storing PDF files in mysql ?????toby gibbson8 Oct
  • Re: storing PDF files in mysql ?????R.Dobson8 Oct
Re: storing PDF files in mysql ?????toby z8 Oct
  • Re: storing PDF files in mysql ?????kayamboo9 Oct
    • RE: storing PDF files in mysql ?????Sqlcoders.com Programming Dept9 Oct
    • RE: storing PDF files in mysql ?????Alexis Antonakis9 Oct
      • Re: storing PDF files in mysql ?????Michael T. Babcock9 Oct
      • AW: storing PDF files in mysql ?????Kai Zaunick9 Oct
      • Re: storing PDF files in mysql ?????kayamboo10 Oct
RE: storing PDF files in mysql ?????toby z9 Oct
  • Re: storing PDF files in mysql ?????kayamboo10 Oct
RE: storing PDF files in mysql ?????Jan Steinman9 Oct
RE: storing PDF files in mysql ?????toby z10 Oct