List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:September 2 1999 11:15pm
Subject:Problems with mysql over AIX!
View as plain text
>>>>> "Sanchez" == Sanchez Diaz Sonia <sony@"<"dec contad unam mx
> <Sanchez> writes:

Sanchez> 	I am trying to install mysql on AIX plataforma, but when I run the
Sanchez> file:

shell> scripts/mysql_install_db

Sanchez> 	show me the next several errors:

Sanchez> WARNING: Your libc libraries are not 100 % compatible with this MySQL
Sanchez> version
Sanchez> mysqld should work normally with the exception that host name resolving
Sanchez> will not work.  This means that you should use IP addresses instead
Sanchez> of hostnames when specifying MySQL privileges !
Sanchez> chown: 3002-131 mysql is an unknown username.
Sanchez> Creating db table
Sanchez> Creating host table
Sanchez> Creating user table
Sanchez> Creating func table
Sanchez> Creating tables_priv table
Sanchez> Creating columns_priv table
Sanchez>         0509-037 System error - error data is: ./bin/mysqld
Sanchez>         0509-022 Cannot load library libdl.a[shr.o].
Sanchez>         0509-026 System error: A file or directory in the path name does
Sanchez> not exist.
Sanchez> Installation of grant tables failed!

Sanchez> Examine the logs in /usr/local/bin/mysql/data for more information.
Sanchez> You can also try to start the mysqld demon with:
Sanchez> ./bin/mysqld --skip-grant &
Sanchez> You can use the command line tool
Sanchez> ./bin/mysql to connect to the mysql
Sanchez> database and look at the grant tables:

shell> ./bin/mysql -u root mysql
mysql> show tables

Sanchez> Try 'mysqld --help' if you have problems with paths. Using --log
Sanchez> gives you a log in /usr/local/bin/mysql/data that may be helpful.

Sanchez> 	and the file "localhost".err is not create! so I can not see the
Sanchez> error!

Sanchez> 	Someone can help me!!!

Hi!

This means that you have to download the MySQL source distribution and
compile this yourself :(

If you just follow the instructions in the MySQL manual, this
shouldn't be that hard.

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Problems with mysql over AIX!Sanchez Diaz Sonia <sony@3 Sep
  • Problems with mysql over AIX!Michael Widenius3 Sep
  • Re: MySQL dump/recovery probable bugMichael Widenius24 Jun