List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:September 2 1999 11:13pm
Subject:own MySQL client
View as plain text
>>>>> "Markus" == Markus Huber <pulse@stripped> writes:

Markus> Hi,
Markus> we are interested to program a MySQL client but first of all we would
Markus> like to check the TCP/IP protocol specification. Where can we find this
Markus> information beside the C source or please point us to the relevant
Markus> details in the C source. Is there any protocol specification availible?

Hi!

Why can't you use the C API for this?  This is the only way to ensure
that you will be compatible in the future.

Sorry, but I haven't had time to do write a full specification of the
protocol yet.  All relevant details can be found at:

client/libmysql.c

and client/net.c

Regards,
Monty