List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Daevid Vincent Date:October 8 2002 3:45am
Subject:RE: Remote Connection Probem
View as plain text
I have the exact same problem. Nothing has changed other than I upgraded
from RH7.3 to RH8.0. I've tried at least five (5) different mySQL
windows clients and all refuse to connect. However I can use phpMyAdmin
locally (via web) and also all my web based database pages work fine
too. I've tried adding some entries to the mysql/hosts table and still
nothing. It's very confusing and frustrating indeed. Anyone know how to
get this working again? And for what it's worth. I have no firewall on
the linux box (removed all that crap), and both my winxp and linux boxes
are sitting on an internal LAN 192.168.0.%

[root@daevid var]# rpm -qa | grep "mysql"

mysql-server-3.23.52-3
libdbi-dbd-mysql-0.6.5-2
mysql-3.23.52-3
mysql-devel-3.23.52-3
mod_auth_mysql-1.11-1
mysqlclient9-3.23.22-6
php-mysql-4.1.2-7.3.4

DÆVID.

"A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but a true friend
will be sitting next to you in the holding cell, laughing and saying
-'That was fucking awesome!'"

Thread
Remote Connection ProbemStefan Kuss8 Oct
  • RE: Remote Connection ProbemDaevid Vincent8 Oct
  • Re: Remote Connection ProbemStefan Kuss8 Oct
    • RE: Remote Connection ProbemDaevid Vincent9 Oct