List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Stefan Kuss Date:October 8 2002 2:41am
Subject:Remote Connection Probem
View as plain text
Hi,

I am running MySQL 3.23 on Redhat 8.0. I can connect to MySQL from the local
machine without any problem and I created a user with remote login
privileges. Trying to connect to it from another machine (on the same
network as well as the same subnet) gives "ERROR: 10061 Connection to mysql
server failed." I have no problems connecting to the linux machine via hhtp,
ftp, and ssh and a port scan shows that MySQL is infact running on the
remote machine (default port 3306). Has anyone heard of similar problems and
an idea of how to solve this?

-Stefan

Thread
Remote Connection ProbemStefan Kuss8 Oct
  • RE: Remote Connection ProbemDaevid Vincent8 Oct
  • Re: Remote Connection ProbemStefan Kuss8 Oct
    • RE: Remote Connection ProbemDaevid Vincent9 Oct