List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jon Shoberg Date:October 7 2002 10:07pm
Subject:.Optimize mySQL memory usage ? 41MB threads ??
View as plain text
I have a small PHP website that gets a fair amount of traffic.  It's a
simple layout with two tables. I average about 50 concurrently open
apache sessions and 40 open mysql connections.  I am calling for
persistent connections from the mySQL/PHP API.

But here is the kicker.  Each mySQL thread takes about 41mb!! :(  Can
anyone point me to resources on optimizing mySQL's memory usage under a
moderate/heavy load?

Thanks
Jon

Thread
.Optimize mySQL memory usage ? 41MB threads ??Jon Shoberg8 Oct
  • Re: .Optimize mySQL memory usage ? 41MB threads ??Dan Nelson8 Oct
    • RE: .Optimize mySQL memory usage ? 41MB threads ??Jon Shoberg8 Oct
      • Re: .Optimize mySQL memory usage ? 41MB threads ??Dan Nelson8 Oct
      • RE: .Optimize mySQL memory usage ? 41MB threads ??root8 Oct