List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:September 2 1999 11:27pm
Subject:Re: En: Need Help Importing Data
View as plain text
At 6:02 PM -0500 9/2/99, Phillip S. Baker wrote:
>Greetings Ricardo,
>
>Thanks for the tip that has not worked however. I am not exactly sure
>what you mean by it, but I set the permissions on the txt file to read
>by all.
>
>I then entered the follwoing info and got this error.
>
>mysql> load data infile 'country.txt' into table country;
>ERROR 1045: Access denied for user: 'blitzkrieg@localhost' (Using
>password: YES)
>
>You have any other ideas or tips??

Setting the UNIX file permissions is not sufficient.  There is a MySQL
privilege called File_priv that you must be granted by the MySQL administrator
before the server will read files for you on your behalf.  This isn't a
privilege that is granted lightly (at least, it shouldn't be), so you may
well not have it.

On the other hand, if you're your own admin, turn on the File_priv privilege
for yourself in the mysql.user grant table.

--
Paul DuBois, paul@stripped
En: Need Help Importing DataRicardo T. Saito3 Sep