List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ed Carp Date:October 7 2002 7:02am
Subject:RE: RES: Performance Question.
View as plain text
> Don't forget that MySQL is the fastest thing on the planet for your (and mine)
> kind of simple query and insert/updates. We measured 12 times faster
> performance in MySQL than Oracle in one part of our application, and I
> strongly believe that in the MySQL case the Java program overhead became
> significant, but that was never measured.

Actually, the fastest is probably a binary search against a file of sorted, fixed-length
records, but that's a subject for another
post ;)

Thread
Performance Question.Robert H.R. Restad6 Oct
  • RE: Performance Question.Peter Lovatt7 Oct
    • RE: Performance Question.Ed Carp7 Oct
      • RE: Performance Question.Peter Lovatt7 Oct
        • RES: Performance Question.Robert H.R. Restad7 Oct
          • RE: Performance Question.Ed Carp7 Oct
          • RE: Performance Question.Ed Carp7 Oct
    • RES: Performance Question.Robert H.R. Restad7 Oct
      • Re: RES: Performance Question.Niclas Hedhman7 Oct
        • RE: RES: Performance Question.Ed Carp7 Oct