List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ed Carp Date:October 7 2002 7:00am
Subject:RE: Can't connect to local MySql server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111)
View as plain text
> On Monday 07 October 2002 12:04, Edwin Raj wrote:
> > When I type mysql in the command prompt it is giving the error "ERROR
> > 2002: Can't connect to local MySql server through socket
> > '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111)"
> > There is no file mysql.sock at that location???
>
> Exactly.
>
> > What is the problem amd what should I do to make it run? I didn't
> > install MySql on my own and it was a default built on the OS installation.
>
> I don't know your installation in details, but I assume it is probably
> configured for TCP/IP connections only, so you would need the -h option.

Unfortunately, all of your advice is probably not germane to the problem.  Does the file
"/tmp/mysql.sock" exist?  If so, the
easiest thing to do is to "ln -s /tmp/mysql.sock /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock".

Thread
Can't connect to local MySql server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111)Edwin Raj7 Oct
  • Re: Can't connect to local MySql server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111)Niclas Hedhman7 Oct
    • RE: Can't connect to local MySql server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111)Ed Carp7 Oct
      • Re: Can't connect to local MySql server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111)Edwin Raj7 Oct
        • re: Re: Can't connect to local MySql server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111)Egor Egorov7 Oct