List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ed Carp Date:October 7 2002 3:44am
Subject:RE: Performance Question.
View as plain text
> Thats a pretty nifty speed. PHP have a considerable overhead compared to new
> versions of Java. (I use both languages... I prefer PHP for webpage
> generation, but Java for serverside applications)

And both have a significantly larger overhead than C.  Have you tried Escapade?  It's a
simple, fast scripting language without the
bloat of PHP, and it's considerably simpler.  We use it for all of our web sites we do for
clients.  It's free, by the way.

sql, query

Thread
Performance Question.Robert H.R. Restad6 Oct
  • RE: Performance Question.Peter Lovatt7 Oct
    • RE: Performance Question.Ed Carp7 Oct
      • RE: Performance Question.Peter Lovatt7 Oct
        • RES: Performance Question.Robert H.R. Restad7 Oct
          • RE: Performance Question.Ed Carp7 Oct
          • RE: Performance Question.Ed Carp7 Oct
    • RES: Performance Question.Robert H.R. Restad7 Oct
      • Re: RES: Performance Question.Niclas Hedhman7 Oct
        • RE: RES: Performance Question.Ed Carp7 Oct