List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jeff Bluemel Date:October 6 2002 4:29pm
Subject:RE: myodbc prolbems between linux & windows
View as plain text
I found the following statement in my mysql.server script, and I changed it
back to default...  (the howto at had me put this in, and I had
forgotten about it)

$bindir/safe_mysqld --datadir=$datadir --pid-file=$pid_file  --bind-address= &

      $bindir/safe_mysqld --datadir=$datadir --pid-file=$pid_file &

now when I try to connect I get the following error message when I an
initially trying to connect to the table;    Lost connect to MySQL server
during query

linux box is and my win2k box is and
this is the permissions that I have granted.

Host             Db              User
192.168.0.    ntsmaster     mysql  (all privileges selected)