List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:October 5 2002 6:03pm
Subject:Re: can't insert records with ID 0
View as plain text
At 18:56 +0100 10/5/02, Greg Conway wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I've got a MySQL Db on a Server, and I want to export and re-import the data
>into another Server.
>
>This is fairly straight-forward using phpMyAdmin, but there is one
>problem....
>
>After creating the tables in the Db, I've gone back and added record ID 0 in
>each table as a record with values "NONE", to indicate a NULL record. This
>is an important feature of the app I've written!

If this is an AUTO_INCREMENT column, you're using it illegally in an
unsupported manner.  Best to rethink this "important feature" -- perhaps
by using a different column definition.

>However, when I try to re-import the data into the new Db, all records start
>at 1 instead of 0, leading to errors in linked tables and worse still
>duplicate IDs which prevent tables being able to be imported.
>
>Does anybody here use phpMyAdmin and know how I can overcome this?

Sounds like MySQL behavior and not something that phpMyAdmin is doing.

>Many thanks for any help received!
>
>Regards,
>
>Greg Conway.

Thread
can't insert records with ID 0Greg Conway5 Oct
  • Re: can't insert records with ID 0Paul DuBois5 Oct