List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sean Cohan Date:October 4 2002 10:59pm
Subject:RE: Starting someone else's mysqld
View as plain text
I've uninstalled the previous version and installed the latest version
3.23.52.1.  safe_mysqld is now running.  I'm making progress but getting
bogged down in the littlest things.  I feel ignorant, but I know once I get
over the first hump, I'm well on my way.

I'm trying to change the password following the instruction given when
running mysql_install_db: mysql_install_db -u root -h$hostname password
'newpassword', but I get the following.

mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed
error: 'Access denied for user: root@localhost (Using password: NO)'
help.

Also, what is the mysql_installation_directory if I ran the rpm and didn't
specify one?

Thanks.
Thread
Starting someone else's mysqldSean Cohan4 Oct
  • Re: Starting someone else's mysqldDuncan Hill4 Oct
RE: Starting someone else's mysqldSean Cohan4 Oct
RE: Starting someone else's mysqldSean Cohan5 Oct