List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Micheal Mc Evoy Date:September 2 1999 7:08pm
Subject:Re: Fwd: Accounting systems
View as plain text
On Thu, 2 Sep 1999, freetips wrote:

>Thanks to everybody who responded to my message!
>
>Just small question: does somebody know some REALLY working accounting or inventory
> system on LAN (not via Internet)??? - where server is MySQL.
>Because I have feeling that MySQL is used only with regards to Internet.

While I haven't written a heavy duty accounting system, i do use MySQL
for my client accounting and billing system.
It works quite well for what i need.

I find that MySQL works as well in many situations as Oracle, better in
some because of it's size and use of non-proprietary communications.
I am currently developing an address verification system using USPS data
loaded into MySQL (37,047,661 rows) and it is not web based.  It works
just fine.

Micheal

---
Micheal Mc Evoy                                    mjmc@stripped
                                             http://www.whitepine.com

WhitePine Consulting supports the Free Software Foundation and it ideals
by promoting, using and supporting Open Source, GNU and GPL'd Software.

Thread
Accounting systemsfreetips1 Sep
  • Re: Accounting systemsTonu Samuel2 Sep
    • Re: Accounting systemsMicheal Mc Evoy2 Sep
      • Re: Accounting systemsTonu Samuel2 Sep
        • RE: Accounting systemsBrian Andrews2 Sep
  • Fwd: Accounting systemsfreetips2 Sep
    • Re: Fwd: Accounting systemsMicheal Mc Evoy2 Sep
  • Re: Fwd: Accounting systemsJules Bean2 Sep
RE: Accounting systemsJohn Foley2 Sep