List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Alistair MacDonald Date:March 30 1999 11:07pm
Subject:Re: How do I generate DDL for MySQL database
View as plain text

On Tue, 30 Mar 1999, Eric Berg wrote:

> Data Definition Language -- SQL text that will create the tables and indices
> for an existing database.
>
> I'm looking for a script that will look at an existing database and generate
> this from the "show tables", "show columns" and "show indexes" for that
> database.

Well, apart from the fancy tests for the existance of the database
(non-standard) you could try:

mysqldump -d <databasename>

(Read the manual for full details, but it dumps the contents of the
database without the data ie just the structure)

Alistair

Thread
How do I generate DDL for MySQL databaseEric Berg30 Mar
  • Re: 64bit to 32bitCraig Huffstetler22 Mar
Re: How do I generate DDL for MySQL databaseEric Berg31 Mar
  • Re: How do I generate DDL for MySQL databaseAlistair MacDonald31 Mar
    • Re: How do I generate DDL for MySQL databaseEric Berg31 Mar
Re: How do I generate DDL for MySQL databaseEd Carp31 Mar